EU & International Orders – Taxes and Duty
We are well practiced at sending our frames and bikes internationally and we have daily collections from DHL (our international shipping partner). You can buy from Fairlight with confidence.
EU – Jan 2021 Update
There is now a separate pricelist for EU customers which can be found here. EU prices exclude VAT.
- Once the bike has shipped, DHL (our shipping partner) will send you an Import Invoice for Customs Duty, VAT and Fees. You will need to pay this in order to release and ship your Fairlight.
- Customs Duty should be Zero as all Fairlight bikes qualify as EU/UK built under the trading agreement between the UK and EU.
- VAT is dependent on your country. It ranges from 19% in Germany to 27% in Hungary.
- Fees – DHL charge a ‘Disbursement Fee’ to handle the customs arrangements. This differs with country but is typically between 10 and 15 Euros.
- Bicycle Cost (excluding VAT) .e.g. Strael 2.0 105 = £2153.25
- Shipping = £130
- Total Charged by Fairlight = £2153.25 + £130 = £2,283.25
- Customs/Duty Costs – Recovered by DHL:
- Duty = Zero
- VAT@21%. £2153.23 x 21% = £452.18 VAT
- Disbursement Fee = approx. £15
- Total Duty, VAT and Fees = £467.18
- Overall Total Including Shipping = £2,750.43
Non-EU European countries, USA & Rest of the Wold
- International customers will pay excluding UK VAT @ 20%.
- The International pricelist is here
- International customers will then be subject to local taxes and import duties when the goods arrive into your respective countries.
- Our shipping partner for international shipments is DHL and they will contact you directly once the consignment arrives at customs in your country.
- Duty and taxes vary per country and even per state/provence.