The Faran is all about utility and versatility; road plus, commuting, gravel rides, audax, randonneuring with a small front rack, or touring with front panniers. It is the sort of bike that you will become very attached to as you rack up the miles together. As the seasons and years pass, racks and cages will be bolted on or taken off, wheels & tyre sizes will be experimented with; its form, capability and loading capacity will evolve to reflect your riding style. I think on some level every cyclist has the desire for self sufficiency and escape and it’s this idea which drives the utilitarian design ethos of the Faran.
The steel fork is a ‘commitment to utility’ and it has mounts for every rack and cage set-up you can imagine. Some folks just love the ride quality of a steel fork and rightly so. The low-mid trail geometry (see the Design Notes) means it handles well with a front load such as a rando bag and/or panniers, but ride it unloaded and it feels agile and precise [think Strael handling but with big tyres] so it’s perfect for a ‘road plus’ build. The seat tube length is similar to the Strael, so less compact than the Secan; that means more room for frame bags and more of a classic flat..ish top tube aesthetic. The Faran benefits from all the tubing technology developed for the Secan, but the ‘non-heat treated’ Reynolds 631 material (vs. heat treated 853), combined with the steel fork results in a lower price. It is a fantastic product and the most versatile frameset we make.
READ THE REVIEWS:
Bikepacking.com long term review – June 2021 CLICK HERE
Advntr.cc long term review – June 2021 CLICK HERE
READ THE DETAILED DESIGN NOTES:
VIEW THE DETAILED DESIGN NOTES
The lookbook is the best way to view the Faran 2.0. It contains beautiful images of the framesets and full build options.
VIEW THE FARAN 2.0 LOOKBOOK
Frameset – Starting from £949
Click the button below to see our up to date UK pricelist and upgrade options:
VIEW THE UK PRICELIST
Click the button below to see our up to date EU pricelist and upgrade options:
VIEW THE EU PRICELIST
NON-EU, US & REST OF THE WORLD PRICING:
Click the button below to see our up to date pricelist non-EU Europe, US and Rest of the World:
VIEW THE INTERNATIONAL PRICELIST
- Current availability dates are shown here
- Allocate your frameset by selecting your size and build options. Pay your £750 deposit. Please note the deposit is refundable up until the point we begin your build.
- We will send you an email confirming your order and build slot.
- You will be in the first group to receive the colours preview and you will be asked to confirm your colour choice to us.
- You will be emailed an invoice link approx 3 weeks before your build is due. The balance must be paid in full no later than one week (7 days) prior to your allocated build slot.
- Your Faran 2.0 will be delivered to you by TNT (UK) or DHL (International). More shipping info, including pricing, can be found here
Click the button below for frameset and fully-built bike availability:
VIEW THE AVAILABILITY PAGE
Find your fit by using our fit guide here
The frame geometry is here
FRAMESET TECH, SPEC AND COMPATABILITY
- Tubes made in Birmingham, England. Frames hand-built in mainland Europe.
- Reynolds 631 bulge butted seat tube for 27.2 post.
- Relieved and machined 4130 headtube.
- Custom butted and formed Reynolds 631/631-DZB front triangle.
- Custom 0.8/0.5./0.8 Reynolds 631 top tube. 20 x 30mm oval.
- Custom 1.0/0.8/0.5/0.8 Reynolds 631 Gravel DZB (double zonal butted) down tube. 30 x 40mm bi-oval.
- Custom formed 4130 rear end. 19mm round chainstays @ 0.9mm wall thickness.
- Custom shaped 4130 14mm non-taper seat stays @ 0.8mm wall thickness.
- Faran 2.0 steel fork – 100x12mm thru axle. Flat mount. Mounts for rando rack, lowriders and adventure cages. Internal dynamo wire routing. Mudguard mounts. Dynamo lamp mount.
- Bentley x Fairlight 142x12mm flat-mount dropouts.
- Front and rear Fairlight axles.
- Fairlight 3d printed cable guide.
- Di2 compatible.
- Internal routing for rear dynamo lamps. Drive and non-drive mounting options. See design notes.
- Front and rear mudguard mounts.
- Rear rack mounts
- 3 sets of bottle bosses
- Tyre clearance with 1x (based on actual measured tyre width) – 650 x 58 or 700 x 50
- Tyre clearance with 1x and mudguards – 650×55 or 700×45
- Tyre clearance with 2x – 650 x 58 or 700 x 47
- Tyre clearance with 2x and mudguards – 650 x 48 or 700 x 42
- Note: Tyre heights can vary depending on tread pattern and brand. Rim widths can also have a significant effect on tyre height. As well as this front derailleurs can vary in size. So the above measurements are a guide only. They are based on CAD drawing information and actual physical tests with a range of tyres.
- 68mm threaded BB shell.
- Compatible with 50Tx34T max double or 44T max single.
- 28.6mm band on front derailleur.
- 27.2mm seatpost.
- Maximum 160m disc rotors front and rear.
- Standard 1 1/8″ Headset. SHIS Identification EC34/28.6 | EC34/30.